Home Is Where Your Cat Is


I am pretty sure everything that has happened in the last week doesn't even mathematically fit into 7 days! Besides not having internet, I changed jobs, stayed on a friend's couch for three days while rental house hunting, watched my partner graduate and start a big boy job (so proud!), moved into a new house in a new city, made 1400 cupcakes in one day, lost my cat for 30 hours, and got so so sick and wiped out from it all.


I'm still a little out of sorts— my head is pretty stuffy, I'm queasy a lot, and I feel like I could literally sleep for days! But the good thing is that I am adjusting to it all and Nashville is finally starting to feel real instead of like a huge dreamy blur.


As I settle in a little more, the best part of every morning has been getting to see my cat, Olive again. Since I graduated a year ago, I have been pretty nomadic which means my cat was living with a friend for a long time. Now that I have a house again, I finally feel like things are getting back to normal. Olive is here, I have a real kitchen, I can bike to work in just ten minutes, I will have a studio to create in again soon— things are finally starting to calm down some and feel promising once more. It's all so exciting and I've said it before but I will always say it again: home is where your cat is.

No comments:

Post a Comment