Take my top for example. This lovely sailboat printed tank was a gift from my friend Ricki. (She always wanted me to do more outfit posts so it's fitting (and a bit uncanny) that it made its way to the blog!) I threw it on without thinking and realized later when I went to check the date that it had been exactly one month since she passed away. It seems like only yesterday she was pulling things out of her closet for me to take home, listening to all my future dreams and voicing nothing but encouragement, or calling me up to see if I wanted to bake a cherry pie with her.
outfit: thrifted, vintage, a gift, or a combo of those / hair tutorial here
That's the good thing about those you love the most: no matter where they go or what happens to them, only the most wonderful things remind you of their spirit— and vice versa. I guess sometimes I'm thankful for all the tiny moments and details I remember. It means that every time I look at art in my home, pull out a handmade mug to drink from, or simply button up a piece of clothing that I get to recall a special moment with a beautiful person. And I'd much rather have those blissful moments (plus the need for Google) than to have my head filled with useless info.
(And speaking of useless info— the only pair of pants I own says I'm a size 8. Life is too short to let a number rule your life— be proud of your size instead!)

Your outfit is adorable! And I am totally charmed by your ability to remember where all your clothes came from. I am a cat lady and woodgrain lover too!
ReplyDeletethanks! and your blog is so wonderful! if we weren't 3000 miles apart i am sure we would be IRL friends <3
DeleteI was about to say, "I love this top...and the shorts...and the necklace...and the bag..." but then I realized that I would literally be listing everything in this outfit. Needless to say, I love all of this. Anything with sailboats is just automatically cute, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteaww thank you! and YES— what is it about sailboats that we can't resist?! they're perfect
DeleteI'm so sorry to hear that you lost a good friend, but glad you have sweet memories of her. *hugs*
ReplyDeletethank you <3
Deletethere is nothing i do not love about this whole look. you are so lovely!
ReplyDeletethanks, chrissy! i'm off to check out your blog now!
DeleteThis outfit: perfection.
ReplyDeleteYour outfit is super amazing:)
ReplyDelete