I Made This: Depression Glass Cake Stand

Did you know I made this cake stand for the southern dessert table I baked for? I just wanted to take a second to share how easy it is to create your own unique pieces for any occasion. I'm not gonna post a full out tutorial because there are dozens of diys out there already (and I don't wanna insult your intelligence— mine was SO simple: matching vintage glassware + my favorite industrial strength glue. You literally just flip the plate over and glue according to the directions on the adhesive!).


So there you have it. I just set mine on top of a plain white platter for the party but you could always place it right on the table or even stack several stands on top of one another. Has anyone else made a cake stand before? There are SO MANY out there— I have no idea where or when I saw my first one. The good thing is I never get tired of baking accessories so if you've made one then feel free to share it in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! And love the flags too! :)
    xo sandra
    http://larasvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! I am always looking for cute desert decoration and can never find ones i like. I will keep my eyes peeled and if i do find some i have e6000 too! Every crafty girl should have this glue!
    Xo,cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! i love cake stands! i was organizing my shelves the other day and realized i have nine! crap! i need to start baking more

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely love this ! i am exploring everything on your blog !!! also stealing buttons so its easier in the future :) heartandthrift.com

    ReplyDelete