I Made This: Scalloped Edge Notebook

Although bookmaking is a huge part of my life, I'm embarrassed to admit how little of my art I have shared here on the blog. I'm really proud of my work and even in the process of starting my own business selling handmade books— and yet I've still kept a lot of this information private. I guess part of it is because I don't know what I'm doing. Which is exciting for me: products, branding, packaging— my head is full of ideas!

But it's also scary. And honestly, when I'm in the planning stages of something, I have this habit of not telling anyone about something unless it's been a million percent confirmed. I guess I feel like telling people will somehow jinx everything. (Because jinxes are totally real, right?) I also don't want to appear as someone who is all talk, ya know? I would rather be like, "Yo, look at this thing I did— it's awesome!" instead of constantly talking about how I'm "going to" do something. So here goes nothing:

HEY GUYS I'M STARTING MY OWN BUSINESS SELLING MY HANDMADE BOOKS!

Okay, so no more secrets! Oh, except maybe one more: you can pop over to Sandra's blog and enter for a chance to win this book for her birthday giveaway— good luck! 

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, it's lovely! I'm hoping this business will have a side to it that allows the purchase of said pretty notebooks to be done online...? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yes — it's going to be mostly etsy based with some available in local shops. Right now I'm toying with the idea of a sort of preview feature that allows my readers to view/purchase items before they're technically available. Or maybe some kind of discount code? I'm not sure yet but I'm definitely open to suggestions :-)

      Delete
  2. That's wonderful news! This book is adorable, and it's super awesome that you're starting a business doing what you love.
    YAY!
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful!! Can't wait to see all of your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want this notebook!! oh to think how lovely it would be to put my design ideas in such a pretty thing as this! I choose "preorder"! Jeni

    ReplyDelete