
Sometimes it's really easy to focus on what all went wrong throughout the week— but I don't think that's a healthy habit to have.
When I'm feeling like a sourpuss, I like to step back and spend a moment magnifying the good things in my life. I like to get away from the computer / phone / television / internet, drink some tea, and make a quick list of things I'm thankful for or happy about. It only takes about five minutes and it automatically helps recalibrate your mind so life feels a bit more balanced.
Things to Smile About:
/ finding a running track near my house
/ waking up next to my best friend everyday
/ driving a vintage BMW with the sunroof open in Spring
/ learning something new every single day
/ being able to love + care for the sweetest kitten
/ fresh fruits and vegetables
/ a roof over my head
/ dinner with friends
/ creating an inspiring studio so I can share my books with others

I love lists. I'm a huge list maker. I guess my "sketchbook" lately has become more of a list journal— but I'm pretty okay with that. I absolutely love looking into others sketchbooks and journals so in the future I'd really like to make this
Sketchbook Sunday series into a link up!
Anyone else out there share sketchbook peeps on your blog? I think it would be great to have a little monthly roundup of posts in one spot so everyone could find each other. Good idea / bad idea? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Until next time, enjoy this picture of my cat looking very grumpy while photo-bombing this shoot!
I praise your positivity! :)xx
ReplyDeletenancywilde.blogspot.com
I do this in my journal too when I feel like lifting my mood--actually my journal is mostly lists! Reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom had us make "grateful for" journals...which was really fun to look back on recently!
ReplyDeleteLove this! I keep a happy journal and the rule is I have to write three things that made me happy every day. Usually that's not a problem and I can write about 10 things! It's a great way to look back and see positive progress and memories.
ReplyDeleteI usually end up doodling butts honestly, but writing a list of things that make me smile is a great idea :). What a beautiful kitty!
ReplyDeleteI feel like everyone needs to do this once in a while.
ReplyDelete