Nature Inspiration from Percy Warner Park

cool mushroomnashville tennessee hike
Hike Percy warner
Last weekend I enjoyed one of Nashville's most beautiful hiking trails at Percy Warner Park. It was my first time visiting and I had a really incredible time exploring all the nature there. It's always nice to just wander through the woods with your friends and have absolutely no obligations other than enjoying the view around you.

HikePercy06HikePercy10
It was a gorgeous day with good company and the perfect chance to get out and play around with my camera. I transitioned to a (used) DSLR about a year ago after my point and shoot camera (that survived being dropped in a toilet, RIP) was on the fritz. I'm still not where I want to be with my photos but I can definitely see that my pictures have steadily improved. I'm still trying to master all the manual settings which have resulted in some not so desirable results but live and learn, eh?

tennessee hike
I've been wrestling with blurry photos lately so now I'm trying to figure out if it's an actual problem with my lens or just user error— which is completely possible and equally as frustrating! It just seems like nothing is ever as crisp and clear as I'd like it to be. But what would life be without new challenges and personal growth driving us forward? My goal isn't to ever call myself a "photographer" but it would be nice to actually, uhh, know what I'm doing?! Ha.

HikePercy05HikePercy07
Anyway, if you haven't gone out to do some exploring lately I highly recommend it. I think it's still a bit more green here than other places this time of year but it was still very inspirational— I loved all the browns and pops of warm color scattered about. I can't stop thinking of how peaceful everything was that day. I'm going to experiment with some potential product photos for my shop next week and they'll definitely be influenced by the simple + natural elements I've been so drawn to lately.

HikePercy11
I recently shared a little about how I was overwhelmed with thoughts of branding + product photos in this post. When my friend invited me on a hike I knew it would be the perfect chance to clear my head and just take a breather from thinking about all this online shop owning and really focus on "being in the moment." Funny how taking time to disconnect myself from the problem and focus on the natural beauty around us has potentially solved this issue. Much like inspiration striking in the shower or while driving, I suppose.

HikePercy03HikePercy02
Okay, I think that's enough of this introspective-Henry David Thoreau-spiritual-quest type mumbo jumbo! What I'm trying to say is that it's nice to just be surrounded by pretty things that aren't the internet or the same old roads you take everyday— even if does mean being sore for three days straight in muscles you didn't even know existed. This weekend one of my best friends is in town so we have tons of good food to eat, movies to watch, and hiking trails to explore! Do you have anything fun planned? -jenna

HikePercy09
Note: All photos shown here were taken with a Canon 60D + 50mm lens 

♥ bloglovin // instagram // rss // subscribe via email ♥

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I think maybe we should make a bike riding date on one of the greenways during this beautiful fall weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these photos are GORGEOUS! You've definitely got a knack for photography

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mushrooms, moss, spiderwebs, many shades of green, autumnal hues and crunchy leaves... Wow! I'm smitten with those photos. I wish I'd visit that place, looks like Wonderland! Looove the spider pic ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pics lady! I'm thinking of getting a nice camera as a Christmas gift to myself. Need input on a good one

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are totally dreamy. I wish I was hiking around with you & Kenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eep! I love beautiful hiking paths, and your photos are a really great example of the season. I wish I could visit, the park looks totally awesome (stupid San Diego and its stupid cacti - I hate the desert). I think it's super great that you're going out and practicing with your new camera. I am also still learning things about my camera, so I've been trying to get better too!

    As for the blurriness, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that maybe your shutter speed is too low? Generally, it'll be hard to capture a super crisp picture, unless you're using a tripod, at anything under 1/125.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! This is my first time visiting your blog and I'm truly glad I found it! Makes me want to take a long walk outside tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All my life spent in Nashville, and you know, I just a few months ago visited Percy Warner to attend a friend's wedding at the Stone Steps there at the end of Belle Meade Blvd. SO. GORGEOUS. Your pictures are making me want to go and explore! I'm so bad about not enjoying some of the beautiful (and free) things to do right here in town!

    ReplyDelete