
Today I'm excited to share some big 'ole news with y'all: This summer I'm teaming up with The Skillery to teach an awesome bookbinding class! *cue the trumpets and choir*
Bind Your Own Travel Book with Accordion Pockets is part of The Skillery Craft Camp, a full day of creative learning and doing. Classes and workshops range from book arts, to printing and sewing skills, to bringing out the Beyonce in you. The Craft Camp schedule was designed to let attendees take a day to focus on creative growth and collaborative fun— a summer break for grown folks!


My class is designed to explore bookmaking with an emphasis on reuse and upcycling. We'll turn maps, vintage ephemera, ticket stubs, beautiful papers— you name it — into a travel book, a home for concert memorabilia, a collage journal, a small poetry collection, a coupon clipping + meal-planning powerhouse, or whatever your heart desires. Basically, if you're a paper hoarder (like me— no shame!) then this class is for you.

Craft Camp takes place June 28 in Nashville, Tennessee, and the day ends with a fireside hang, s'mores, and a drinks party outside. I'm pretty excited that my class is early in the day because I've totally got my eye on that Crepe Paper Flowers course. And the Felted Pet Portrait class. And I'm gonna Learn Chalk Lettering, too. GIVE ME ALL THE SKILLS.

Do y'all have anything like this in your town? Summer camp for adults— c'mon, what's not to love?? Maybe I won't be able to take *all* the classes I want, but you can bet I'll be around that day— stitching, laughing, teaching, and eating my weight in s'mores!
***Olive the cat not included . . . but it would be nice to have a felted portrait of her, no?
No comments:
Post a Comment