It feels like life keeps throwing me curve balls and I just keep striking out.
Generally, I'm an incredibly positive person. Once I know what I want, I get inspired, make goals, and execute them well. It just doesn't help anything to do otherwise. But lately I can't seem to find the strength. I just keep noticing these voids in my life and I can't quite figure out how to fill them.

Part of me wants to apologize for the downheartedness in this post but the truth is: I'm not sorry. Sometimes people get worn down. No matter how upbeat, positive, and inspired you try to stay, sometimes you can still feel sadness in your bones. And that's okay. But for me to remain silent and pretend otherwise would be denial on my part and a huge disservice to you— my friends, family, and readers.
This blog will always be a positive place for me to share my goals, artwork, recipes, style, life, and more. I aim to keep it a place for inspiration and empowerment and never negativity or defeatism. I think part of doing this requires me to be honest with you, which is why I am sharing all of this now.
If it seems things have slowed down around here— it's because they have. It's been a long few months for me and as the heat here in Nashville fades I can feel myself changing with the seasons. Despite all the havoc I've felt lately, it feels as if I'm finally starting a new chapter. I'm creating again, I'm feeling inspired again, and I'm ready to get to know the new me that's being revealed. I hope you'll stick around as I continue to get back on my feet and learn how to function in this newly changed world of mine.
(Photo: from my friend's balloon release memorial)
I have been feeling the same way too babe. I think the fall will be a lot better. I really do.
ReplyDeletei can't wait! and just knowing i get to see you makes it better already <3
DeleteOh, it sounds like you've been handed a tough time recently; I hope you're through the worst of it now and everything's better from here on in. x
ReplyDelete