Home Sweet Home: A Little Peek Inside

This past weekend I've essentially had the chance to "test-drive" a camera I might get. It's a huge learning curve for me but I've been enjoying the different challenges so far. I thought it would be fun to share some of the practice shots I took as a little peek into my home. So welcome in— I hope you enjoy the view from my side!

My mom's portrait on a shelf in my studio 

Olive sleeping in the rocking chair 

A few of my landing spots for jewelry / bobby pins / perfume 

A few of my handmade books

A stack of books waiting for me to give them new life 

A jar of googly eyes + others waiting to be filled 

/             /             /

So there ya go! The 6 year old point and shoot camera (that I dropped in a toilet once) is on it's last leg. I'm just hoping to upgrade before it totally breaks down on me and I'm up a creek for sure!

13 comments:

  1. I love how you give a new life to old books. What camera are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you! i've got some bookmaking related posts coming up that i'm petty excited about, i can't wait to share them! and these were all taken with a canon 60d + 50mm lens.

      Delete
  2. your cat is adorable and that glass womans bust is probably the most beautiful thing ive ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some lovely corners in your home. I enjoy being in places where there is a lot to see and discover. I especially like the photo with the old books and the little wire throne (?) on top.

    Your mom and you look a lot like each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks— i actually started parting my hair in the middle to look more like her ;-]

      and that throne is a pin cushion made out of tin— i actually have an entire post dedicated to it coming up— it has a really neat story behind it!

      Delete
  4. Great pictures! And I love the goggly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at your cute lil' mama! I love these shots - I want to see more of your houseeee haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The camera looks great! I especially love the picture with the glass head and the old books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm diggin your homemade books! I took a whole class on bookmaking, its so much fun!

    -Hannah
    thirstyworlddesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it's so glad to meet people who know what bookmaking and binding is— normally i have a lot of explaining to do!

      Delete
  8. That glass mannequin head is amazeballs! I'm here from over at Well and Cheaply. It's nice to see a bookmaker. I'm a librarian! <3 I can't wait to see the rest of your blog. Come and visit me at magpilibrarian.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww I loved this post, especially the picture of your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your handmade books: vintage + paper + crafted with such texture and color = yes, please! :) By the way, I have that same glass head. Mine's sitting next to a 1950's radio-turned-bar, wearing an old Russian military commander's hat. (And yes, I did register for a glass head when I got married. Who needs new matching china? ;) Beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete