Veggie Tales

^fruit with soy yogurt

^eggs + taco bell sauce, avocado, grilled spinach + veggies on a bed of fried potatoes

^spinach salad with pesto "chicken"

^pizzahhhhhh

^mushroom ravioli with pesto sauce 

^falafel + tomatoes + cucumbers on a bed of spinach with scalloped potatoes

^bourbon pecan cupcake 

I've been getting to know my new camera and my entire SD card is just food and kittens. No, seriously— that's all. It can be frustrating to learn new equipment but I'm having a lot of fun figuring out how to get the shots I want. Now I'm not saying all the pictures above are ideal, but I wanted to share them anyway because I want to be able to look back and see how my photography progresses. I've been learning what's best for indoor, outdoor, near windows, night time, blah blah blah. 

THERE ARE SO MANY BUTTONS. But hey— good food is my favorite thing so I'm not complaining! Some items not pictured: the world's worst french toast (made by yours truly!), a lot more pizza, an indian food buffet, lots of sandwiches, a million Naked juices. I tend to get in little food ruts during the summer where I make the same thing everyday because I get too hot and overwhelmed to do anything else. Now fall is inching closer I'm excited for all the soups, breads, and homestyle meals I've been dreaming about! What are you excited to cook/eat/bake soon?!

13 comments:

  1. The two most important things in life, food and kitties! These shots made my mouth water, everything looks yummy.

    I have had my DSLR for almost two years and I am still figuring it out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i believe it— the learning curve is huge! luckily the internet exists so i can look up anything i want to immediately ;-)

      Delete
  2. I need to go eat now haha! I'm really diggin your blog, I'm so happy you linked up with our blog hop. I'm gonna add you to my daily reads on Bloglovin now. :) xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you— i'm following along with yours, too! so glad i found you + the link up as well.

      Delete
  3. I want to eat all of these things! Can you tell I'm hungry right now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was the Indian buffet Woodlands, by any chance? If not, you must try it! It's all vegetarian! It was voted "Best Place to Trick Your Carnivorous Friends Into Eating Vegetarian" or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it was woodlands! when i was in there i was reading their wall of awards and i saw that one on there— too good!

      Delete
  5. All these pictures look so yummy!! I'm a veg too and I love making beautiful meals full of colors and flavors...it always looks better than your typical meat-and-three plate! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i totally agree! ps. i popped back over to your blog again today and i can't get over those button up shirt + tie pillows i just saw!— love it!

      Delete
  6. I am really just infinitely jealous. I WANT TO LEARN THESE THINGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really owe it all to the lens but i will teach you all the tricks in 10 days!

      Delete
  7. oh yum you are making me hungry! especially that second picture down.

    ReplyDelete