Cheers— to lazy days!

Today I wanted to share some pretty pictures or write something amazing. But that's just not how today feels. I'm fighting off some kind of cold/sickness/blah that Nick gave me and as much as I want to convince myself to be productive, in reality, all I've managed to do is setup a Facebook fan page for this blog.
But you know what? I'm okay with that! Although my entire body is aching and I can't breathe, I woke up feeling so happy and thankful. I looked in the mirror this morning at my dirty hair, chapped lips from being sick, and under eye circles and thought, "I look really pretty. . ." I could have been down on myself, but instead, I just accepted how things are and watched contentedly as Nick setup a Nintendo emulator. I could complain about being sick, or how terrible car shopping has been, or that I never get enough sleep. But in reality, I have an amazing + supportive partner, a great job, and a roof over my head— so I'm just simply happy.
I've been working on my stress levels lately and realizing that most of the pressure I feel simply comes from ridiculous deadlines and tension that I put on myself. I've slowly been learning to accept when things aren't "perfect" and that it's okay to ask for help when you need it. Mostly I'm learning that it's okay to have a sink full of dishes or a floor piled with clothes or a post that goes up a day or two "late". So here I am today in all my unproductive, unwashed, no make up glory— feeling better than I have in a long time. I feel truly good on the inside, like everything is just going to be okay. So cheers to finding happiness, embracing laziness, and playing video games all day long!
Ps. My super talented friend Julia made this mug— you can view her work here!

25 comments:

  1. I wish I would feel emotionally able to embrace your positivism - you can cheer up any reader with your words! :) hugs and kisses xx

    nancywilde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you so much! it's taken awhile, but i've learned you gotta stay positive when it's the hardest to!

      Delete
  2. Not stressing myself out is a lesson I have yet to learn. I haven't been able to sleep for the last week, and I think it's mostly because I just psych myself out thinking of all the things I could/should be doing.
    You are always cute! Your new glasses are adorabz too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am really great a psyching myself up, too. but lately i have been focusing on the big picture and it makes life a lot more relaxing.

      Delete
  3. That's wonderful to hear and also very inspiring! I have really been focusing on letting go myself, and it does wonders for the mind, body and soul. I've liked your FB page!
    ♥Emma Deer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, emma! ps— love your blog, the header is gorgeous!

      Delete
  4. I admire your attitude! Hope you feel better soon. I'm fighting the same cold and playing Nethack all weekend... Woo hoo for lazy video game time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a lady after my own heart! i'm feeling much better now, thanks, jen!

      Delete
  5. Love that mug! hope you feel better soon
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it the best? i am always blown away by artists that are gifted in 3d mediums— i'm such a 2d/paper person!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the shout out, you gem! I'm feeling all those self-imposed pressures, too. My mama is a violist, and years ago a friend of hers gave her this second-hand quote, which she eventually passed on to me.

    There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.

    If you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and be lost. The world will not have it.

    It is not your business to determine how good it is; nor how valuable it is; nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, to keep the channel open.

    You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware directly of the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open.

    No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction; a blessed unrest that keeps us marching and makes us more alive than the others.

    -Martha Graham to Agnes DeMille

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like everyone is down with the sickness lately. Hope you can kick it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, thanks kimmie! i am starting to feel normal again =]

      Delete
  8. Awe, you're too lovely! I hope that your sickness goes away soon, but for now, kicking back and relaxing really does seem like the best option for you. Also, love that you're playing Mario on the bigscreen. Dang! I've never seen it blown up so huge before. Emulators... rad stuff, man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right?! nick knows how to do all the cool stuff! and i'm feeling a lot better— thanks so much! ps— found your blog recently and i *love* it! are you on twitter? couldn't find a link. . .

      Delete
  9. You look adorable!!! So nice to hear that you're keeping things cheery :D
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay to talented friends! And SUPER MARIO AND lazy days! =D hehe
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. add some pajama pants in there and life just doesn't get any better!

      Delete
  11. I wish I was as pretty as you with a cold and/or without makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! Super Mario makes everything better. I LOVE your glasses! You look lovely even when you feel like poo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, karen! the amount that mario has made my life better is almost embarrassing!

      Delete
  13. I hope you feel better! I like the photos though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, jessica! i do feel better :-)

      (and i'm a fan of your blog, too, btw!)

      Delete