Swingin' On the Dock of the Lake

floral vintage swimsuit
Y'all— I have a confession to make: I'm kind of powerless when it comes to ridiculous vintage floral swimsuits. I know it looks like I'm just wearing a tacky tank top here but I totally pulled a Liz Lemon and wore my one piece bathing suit as a top instead of getting properly dressed (okay, okay, I know she wore hers for underpants but c'mon, close enough?!). SO OOPS. But really I've done it before and honestly what's the point of wearing clothes in the summer when you're near a body of water anyway?

watermelon
cabin porn
french toast casserole
All these photos are from the cabin trip I've been talking about. I seriously want to live in a little country cabin so badly! I want slow days filled with good food, fun conversation, and an incredible view. I want piles of fresh grown veggies on my plate, zesty limes in my margarita, watermelon so juicy you can't eat it inside, and local eggs in my french toast casserole. I want to swing on a dock that overlooks a beautiful lake and come inside to a giant jacuzzi tub that's big enough for two. . . I mean, IS THIS SO MUCH TO ASK?!!

vintage high waisted shortscabin porch
grilled pineapple
Seriously though— dream weekend. It combined pretty much all of my favorite things. Oh, AND I learned how to play Rummy sooooo who wants to take on the champ? Also, don't judge me for posting that tequila sign. 1) It's hilarious and 2) we whipped up homemade margaritas so it's totally appropriate. I guess if I'm never able to afford a lakeside cabin of my own I should be pretty content to just reap the benefits of a friend's parents owning a cabin, amirite?

lime margaritascome on in the tequilas finehomemade margaritas
So that's my idea of a mini-vacation. The only thing I'm kind of sad about is that I didn't get to photograph this entire swimsuit in all it's glory (the woes of living in the moment!). It's got this neat ice skater skirt that I also tucked into my shorts that generally looks pretty awesome. It's actually very similar to this one, for those curious. Maybe one day I'll get the chance to show it off!

floral swimsuit
(Until that day you can have this photo of what my hair actually looks like when I do nothing and some frumpy looking shorts!)

rummy
Have any of you had a completely relaxing + responsibility-free weekend recently? I sure hope so! Honestly, I can't remember the last time before this weekend that I felt so stress free. . . Just something about being near water and good friends that brings out the best in me! Have a great rest of the week!

♥ bloglovin // facebook // twitter // tumblr // rss // email ♥

25 comments:

  1. A swimsuit is the same thing as a leotard, so work it! This all sounds so beautiful. I really want to take a few days off to go somewhere soon. I am feeling so pent up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so relaxed and happy. I love weekends of just hanging out and doing nothing but having so much fun at the same time. Those rocking chairs on the porch look like the spot I would've parked my butt all weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was hard to make myself move for most of the weekend!

      Delete
  3. This seriously looks/sounds like the best weekend ever. I wish I knew someone with a cabin, this seems like the perfect summer weekend. And any time someone pulls a Liz Lemon is okay in my book. She knows best, after all. This swimsuit really is awesome! Summer is the one time you can get away with wearing swimsuits as clothes, so why not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. so nice. that cabin is what dreams are made of! and I love the top/swimwear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, kate! i dream of having my own cabin daily!

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos. Especially loving the drink decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a lot of fun to have fancy drinks at home!

      Delete
  6. pretty photos, ooo I just love summer for all the good times..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hattitude Style Blog

    what a beautiful cabin Jenna. We had crummy weather at our cabin (cottage) last week. rainy and SO cold. I was wearing a sweater and pants the whole time. I hope one day to be able to afford a cottage of my own but for now I enjoy others too :)

    talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm sure when we have cabins/cottages of our own then we will share the wealth, too ;-)

      Delete
  8. This looks like the perfect mini holiday! I love the look of the cabin. And its summer over there, that means swimsuit=clothes, the rules change in summer!

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah— different seasons, different rules! i love it =]

      Delete
  9. What a perfect weekend- this place looks AMAZING. There's really nothing better than homemade cocktails with fresh squeezed juice. I'm drooling over these margs and it's only 8:30 in the morning here :) Lovely photos and I love the bathing suit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. never too early for a margarita, in my opinion. . . ;-]

      Delete
  10. Thanks for linking up to this month's #ShareTheLoveBlogHop now following via GFC

    Natasha @ Serenity You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm loving the fruit + veggie prep on your blog!

      Delete
  11. 1. that bathing suit is KILLER
    2. that cabin looks DREAMY
    3. that food needs to get in my mouth STAT
    4. you're THE CUTEST EVER.

    the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, kaelah! we should have a girls retreat sometime, y/y?! xoxo

      Delete
  12. I'm quite jealous of your lazy lake weekend. There is something about being by the water that makes wearing actual clothes unnecessary. Like when I was younger and would go to the beach or lake, I'd back 10000 outfits and then get there and pretty much just wear a swimsuit and some kind of coverup 99% of the time...after I came to grips with this, it made packing so much lighter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i know exactly what you mean! i hardly bring more than backpack when there is a beach or lake involved!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful photos, looks like such a gorgeous weekend. Your outfit is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete