Lavender + Gold: A Rustic Cake for Stockroom Vintage

Don't you just love these dreamy photos that Elizabeth from Stockroom Vintage styled? I was so thrilled when she asked me to create the cake above! Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the shoot because I had other plans (damn you, car shopping!). But sometimes it's nice to take a step back from what you're involved with and enjoy it as a spectator. I mean, I know I'm biased because I'm her styling assistant, but this shoot is just gorgeous!
And do you wanna know a secret? That cake I made? It isn't even real! I mean, it's real in the sense that I made it with my hands and it exists. . . But you totally can't eat it. Well, unless you like the classic taste of styrofoam topped with royal icing— which is all it is.
I'm sorry. . . Did I disappoint you? Is all the magic gone? I hope not. . . It's just that I'm a busy gal and I knew that I could either spend 45 minutes making a cake dummy or 3 days making a "real" one, ya know? So I just whipped up this stand-in cake and sent it off with Elizabeth. She topped it with gold ribbon + lavender and the deed was done!
I mean, my motto's always been "Fake it 'til ya make it" so it doesn't really feel "right" sharing this cake I made with you if I'm not even going to share the fun secret behind it! And honestly, it was a lot of fun to make! Well, now that I've spilled the beans about the cake, you should check out the rest of the photos from the shoot and read what Elizabeth has to say about it here. Isn't she just the biggest inspiration?
All images by Jenny Cruger Photography

13 comments:

  1. Hello! I just found you through the Totally Awesome Blog Hop and your blog is so gorgeous. I just added you to my Bloglovin' feed. You do gorgeous work although I'm sad that delicious looking cake is not real lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks so much! and i'm kind of sad it's not real, too. . . could really use some cake right now! off to check out your blog now. . .

      Delete
  2. That shoot was so beautiful! I love everything about it. Mostly all the reclaimed wood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! i think elizabeth got that from the same barn i found my new desk/door in.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, love! The cake was gorgeous. I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't real...especially because the icing still smelled SO tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this wedding! It looks like it took place in a mystical land. Everything about it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so magical— i even love the snow and i am a summer gal through and through

      Delete
  5. Wow I wish that was my wedding! It's beautiful!! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh, me too— but i know i couldn't do the cold ;-)

      Delete
  6. What beautiful photographs! The cake looks lovely :)

    Adrienne
    What Lola Wants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! sometimes i'm still in awe i get to be a part of such wonderment

      Delete
  7. The second and last pictures, with all those pretty little brass pieces.....LOVE. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. elizabeth has such impeccable taste! ps— i feel like i haven't seen you in forever. must. remedy. soon.

      Delete