Fun with Homemade Juices!

I love juice. Apple juice. Grapefruit juice. Naked juice. Pineapple juice. If I could marry juice, I probably would. I recently used a juicer for the first time, and now I feel like Buster from Arrested Development:
There is not much I love more than good wholesome food (don't get me wrong: I do enjoy cake and deep fried everything, I mean—I am southern, after all. But ever since I started working for a company that uses all-natural ingredients with no artificial flavors or preservatives, I've really been paying attention to what I put in my body and how it makes me feel afterwards.) 
One thing I've always hated about store bought juice is all the extra sugar and fake stuff in it. That and the fact that it never really tastes like the actual fruit it's supposed to. Even orange juice doesn't taste orange-y enough for me these days!
So I was more than excited to get to make my own juice. I've just been throwing in whatever sounds good and drinking up pure apples, carrots, pineapple, kale, and anything else on hand. I've really never had anything so delicious as a mason jar full of fresh juiced apples— you guys, it's like a root beer float BUT WITH APPLES! Not only is there a fluffy, yummy foam on top that is super fun to eat but the actual juice is everything I've ever wanted.
It's also great to be able to use up fruits and veggies that aren't quite fresh enough to eat anymore. Bruised apples and wilted leafy greens still make delicious juice! Okay, I think I've typed "juice" too many times now. I have to wrap this up. . .
In conclusion: juice is good. Homemade juice? Even better. If you've ever been frustrated with what's available in stores or the price for actual real juice then you should definitely try to create your own juice in whatever flavors you want! It's super fun, and it makes me really happy. (Almost too happy— I literally giggled the first time I juiced carrots and this UT orange liquid shot out. . . it was pretty cool!)
Also, I was not brainwashed or paid to write about any of this. I'm just a simple gal that likes the simple things and to share them with others! Have any of you ever used a juicer? I'm excited to try all the flavors nature has!
Juices pictured (in case you are curious!):
golden brown: just apples!
pretty pink: pineapple, strawberry, apple
green: kale, apple, strawberry
My favorite so far that's not pictured: kale, apple, lemon! 

21 comments:

  1. I would love a juicer, these look delicious! I have such a sweet tooth for chocolate and cake but I totally agree, even they don't compare to a freshly made smoothie or juice...I think it's the deliciousness combined with the satisfaction of not having to feel an ounce of guilt that does it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's great to be able to use fresh juice in baked goods, too!

      Delete
  2. Dan just bought us a Breville juicer that was on super sale and he LOVES it... he makes super healthy ones.

    I died laughing at the Buster meme though, because it made me think of when he mistook a box of wine for a giant juice box. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i love that part! and i think when i get one for my own home that i will get a breville! do you have the compact or another one?

      Delete
  3. loving the homemade juices lately too! current fave: papaya, yellow bell pepper, strawberries, a little ginger. Tastes like sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will have to try that! juiced bell peppers?! CAN'T WAIT

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. we have this hamilton beach one at work, which is what i've been using: http://goo.gl/QBfKe

      it's great and gets the job done, but i might buy a breville for my own house because i want something a little smaller!

      Delete
  5. I love this post! I have been trying to eat healthier and while I don't have a juicer, I have been loving making smoothies in my blender! Yours look like they turned out so great, and I love the unlimited juice meme, so funny!
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love smoothies, too! you know, i've heard that if you run a smoothie through cheesecloth then you get juice! never tried it though. . .

      Delete
  6. I LOVE juices! I'll go through phases where I make juice at least once a day, and then I'll forget about it completely. I think because I hate having to clean my juicer. Your post has made me want to go make one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. JUICE! This is the most delicious looking post, I now want some 100% fruit based drink and nothing short of it will do! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, lisa! juice is somehow like dessert— once you get a craving for it nothing else will suffice!

      Delete
  8. I adore juicing and try to get a big green juice in every day. It's delicious and I can immediately see and feel the difference in my health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's always astounding to me how much better i feel IMMEDIATELY! i'm having fun experimenting with gren juices, too!

      Delete
  9. Yum! I love carrot and apple juice. Think I might have to borrow the juicer from my parent's for a while!

    x
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmmmm i love fresh juice. apples, carrots and lemon is my favorite combo. apples and plums are pretty tasty too. I have yet to get into the whole adding kale and spinach and really good for you leafy things, but i want to. i don't even drink store bought juice anymore. fresh is just so much more delicious and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete