No cookout would be complete without The Best Veggie Burger Ever! This recipe calls for frying in the pan but I bet these would be delicious on the grill, too. I'm would try to lightly cook them as called for and then throw them on the grill for a traditional Fourth of July finish.
I already love avocado on my burgers (just like pictured above!) but I can only imagine this Gilled Avocado recipe taking them to the next level!
Baked beans will forever remind me of my childhood. No summer get together was complete without them. I haven't ever cooked them myself, but the day I do I will be using this Vegan Baked Beans recipe from Pickles and Honey. It looks like an entire meal in itself!We have been making grilled veggie skewers since Memorial Day. You don't even really need a recipe for them— we just take all our favorite vegetables (peppers, onion, zucchini, potatoes, tomatoes, pineapple, mushrooms, or anything we have on hand) and cut them up. Then we dump a bunch of italian dressing on there and sprinkle with salt and pepper and throw them on the grill. But if you want more detailed instructions then this recipe is a good place to start!
Feel free to grab a beer, but to wash it all down I'll take a refreshing Lemon Thyme Tequila Spritzer! It's cooling me down just looking at it!
What are your favorite summer, outdoor, or Fourth of July dishes? My partner was upset there's not a pasta salad on the list, so here ya go!
Thanks for linking to my baked beans recipe! I don't think I'll ever buy the canned ones again - these are so good and really easy! Off to go check out some of the other recipes you included... :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing spread!
ReplyDeleteGrilled avocado, watermelon cucumber salad - oh my, I don't even know where to start. All these recipes look so summer perfect! I had grilled veggies skewers yesterday as a pre-4th celebration and fireworks around the lake at my house and I just want more!
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th of July (tomorrow)!! xx Marisa
My mouth is WATERING. Seriously, I'm looking down at my lunch of romaine and chickpeas and wishing so badly that it were that veggie burger and grilled avocado.
ReplyDeletethe sad part is that we forgot the avocado on wednesday— eep! but now we have an "excuse" to grill out again soon!
ReplyDeletehaha thanks! it was so much fun to put together but i will admit i was practically drooling by the time i hit "publish"! hope your fourth was lovely as well!
ReplyDeletethanks! i'm loving the pita bread on your blog— i'll have to try that soon!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh it was a pleasure =] it was so hard choosing between the beans and the watermelon margarita italian ice! i just want to try everything watermelon all the time!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDeleteI should not be looking at this post while I'm hungry...
ReplyDeleteMy mouth is watering just looking at all these photos......if I could add one thing to this list it would be Mexican Corn on the Cob.
ReplyDeletethat sounds so amazing right now!
Delete