I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving! Today I just wanted to share some great news with you— I quit my job at the cupcakery to work for a local, all-natural, handmade marshmallow company that just started up! I'm now an official mallower, recipe tester, food stylist, and social media guru for Kerfluffles Marshmallows. My favorite part? This:
"No weird chemical stabilizers or low-quality ingredients bought for value instead of taste. No shortcut, industrial-strength flavor extracts either: if a marshmallow is supposed to taste like lemons, it will have fresh lemon juice and zest in it. Vanilla flavor will come from actual vanilla beans; coffee flavor from quality, fresh-brewed espresso."
Now that's my kind of marshmallow.
"No weird chemical stabilizers or low-quality ingredients bought for value instead of taste. No shortcut, industrial-strength flavor extracts either: if a marshmallow is supposed to taste like lemons, it will have fresh lemon juice and zest in it. Vanilla flavor will come from actual vanilla beans; coffee flavor from quality, fresh-brewed espresso."
Now that's my kind of marshmallow.
(PS: Don't worry— I'm still a styling assistant for Stockroom Vintage on the side! I wouldn't give that up for the world.)
Awesome! They look delicious, I'm definitely going to order some :)
ReplyDeletecan't wait to find these around time and give em a try!
ReplyDeleteEndlessly happy for you, J!
ReplyDeleteThose look yummy! I hope that at some point, some vegetarian and vegan ones can be added to the line-up as I'd sure like to try them. Congrats on the new job!
ReplyDeletethank you so much. and yes ma'am, we do have some of those coming up! i can't wait to get some made. part of my job will be to test and help develop the veg-friendly ones. i'd love to send you some once we have them =]
DeleteSounds like an amazing new job!! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Sounds like a really fun and rewarding job.
ReplyDeleteYahooo!!! Congrats! I dont think i have ever had a fancy marshmellow like that, now i want to find some! sounds like such a great company and career move!
ReplyDeleteXo,cb
Congrats!! i am so jealous of your life.
ReplyDeleteMose beautiful marshmallows ever. So excited and proud for you--so much sweetness!
ReplyDeleteJust stumbled across your blog and started following. I can't wait to keep reading!
ReplyDelete- Kaileigh @ somehowchaotic.blogspot.com
OH MY GOD YOU HAVE THE MOST AMAZING JOB EVER IN THE WORLD.
ReplyDeleteCongrats.
And please post about marshmallows... all the time.
what great photos!
ReplyDeleteexcited to see some vegan mallows in the future!
cheers,
diana
I have always wanted to make homemade marshmallows!!!!!! So cute and festive. :)
ReplyDeleteTrish
www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com
Kerfluffles is probably the cutest name EVER.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! Congrats! I would be a recipe taster for free. =)
ReplyDeleteWow! Congrats on the job, sounds like a dream! Those marshmallows are totally mouth watering!
ReplyDeleteHi! It was neat to meet you this weekend at the blogger meetup over at Lauren's house. These marshmallows are freakin' insanely good...I'm so glad you brought samples along!
ReplyDeleteUm, this is the cutest thing ever. I wish I could taste them!
ReplyDeleteWow, how awesome is that. My hubby would be in heaven to work for a marshmallow company. How cute is the square design? Cool boss name too.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the new job! Just being able to tell people that I am a marshmallow maker would fill me with joy. :o)
ReplyDelete